Smoothie below contains: Chocolate Coconut Water, Banana, Mango, Spinach, Raw Unsalted Almond Butter, Soaked Raw Almonds, Dried Apricots, Chia Seed Gel, Ground Flax Seeds // Topped with Unsweetened Coconut
2 Layer Smoothie contains: Organic Mango Coconut Water, kale, strawberry, banana, mango, blueberry, avocado, flax seed // Green layer: mango coconut water, coconut cream, pineapple, kale, banana // Topped with bee pollen, chia seed, coconut & cayenne pepper
Now my daughter and husband love drinking coconut water as well, and I make smoothies with it and with coconut milk. Coconuts contain so many health benefits, whether you use their water, oil, milk or flesh. I use it in some form every day. Here are a few reasons:
1. Their saturated fat- lauric acid- helps increase good, heart-healthy HDL cholesterol.
2. Helps fight viruses, bacteria, fungal infection, candida, yeast
3. Can effect hormones positively for thyroid & blood-sugar control- helps insulin levels
4. Speed Metabolism- helps if these good fats (Medium Chain Triglycerides) are in the liver
5. Strong antioxidant- To fight off illness // Oxidation is considered a major contributor to cardiovascular problems & skin aging.
6. Their oil is great for hair and skin moisture & hydration.
7. Their water contains electrolytes for re-hydrating & replacing the mineral-rich fluids lost when ill or exercising-- potassium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, calcium & natural sugars, instead of processed sugars found in sports drinks.
8. Fiber in the water helps with digestion and acid reflux.
9. Coconut water is used in some countries intravenously in emergencies to replace blood, as it is isotonic to human plasma.
Enjoy the incredible benefits & naturally delicious taste of coconuts!