Monday, June 2, 2014

Healing Ginger-aid Turmeric Tonic

  
  This is a natural, detoxifying and immune boosting beverage I like to drink preventatively or when I am feeling sluggish / after returning from a trip when I have been eating food that I don't often eat at home.  It helps to cleanse / detoxify my liver and digestive tract from the residue of any ingredients my body may not be used to.  It is warming and a great comfort drink for me.  It is anti-inflammatory, fights infection, anti-fungal, antibacterial and gives a great boost to the immune system, to prevent and/ or fight off illness.  Bloating in the digestive tract / stomach comes from swelling.  We swell up or have infection in our bodies because of inflamed organs or cells from bacteria or gas-build-up, due to difficult-to-digest sugars, starches, dairy, caffeine, medication and chemicals that have entered the body.  The body has an incredible ability to naturally heal itself with some nourishment from plants / herbs & thoughtful, conscious nurturing from us.

Recipe:

1 Teaspoon Turmeric - either powder or freshly grated
1 Tablespoon Ginger - freshly grated
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2  Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Raw Organic Local Honey
Dash Ground Gloves
2 Dashes Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Lemon Squeezed
 Pour 8 Ounces Boiled Water over this in a mug and drink up!



No comments:

Post a Comment