Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mothers' Day Lovin'








Today, as a Mother's Day gift, I get full peace and quiet, as my wonderful mother-in-law takes my daughter all day and overnight so that I can relax, bike, garden and have a date with my man, and tomorrow we will celebrate as a family.  My daughter is my great motivation to get up excited each morning, eager to teach and spend time with her.  Being a mom, nurturing and nourishing life, all day, every day, can be challenging and tiring, to say the least, and it's so nice to have these breaks for rejuvenation.  I'm also thankful that I've found an outlet that I enjoy sharing with my daughter- growing, cooking and eating nutritious, delicious food.  It has become an activity we both love, which has bonded us in such a special way, just as it did when I gardened, cooked and baked with my mom as a young one.  I deeply cherish those times with my mom and now with my own gal.
  Here is some of the food we have grown, cooked and joyously eaten together lately:


 Gluten-free / nut-free / dairy-free Organic Buckwheat /Brown Rice flour , turmeric, zucchini, carrot, butternut squash, orange zest, cinnamon pancakes, topped with coconut cream, shredded unsweetened coconut, bee pollen, chia seeds & orange zest


Red Runner Bean Sprouts

Runner Bean & Snap Pea shoots


Radish & Strawberry plants in our garden

Steel cut Overnight Oats with grapefruit, almonds, pineapple, chia, coconut, bee pollen, flax seeds, blackberries, coconut oil, turmeric, cinnamon & nutmeg

Vegan Gluten-free Oatmeal Ginger Raisin Walnut Cookies (no refined sugar), buckwheat flour, orange zest, carrot, fresh grated ginger, almond butter, banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut milk. 



 Kale Egg Scramble with orange zest, steamed asparagus, avo, orange, raw carrots, sauerkraut, organic grass-fed milk

 Helper grating carrots for pancakes

 Her first time trying Dragonfruit

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!








No comments:

Post a Comment